Eclipse editor Cp1252 character encoding issue
When you assigned a Simple korean text to a String variable. And try to Save the Jave file, You may see following error. The error says Some characters cannot be mapped using “Cp1252” character encoding. Either change encoding or remove the characters which are not supported by the Cp1252 character encoding
Eclipse editor default character encoding is cp1252. Which doesn’t allow special characters. To solve this issue you have to change Character encoding.
You can change the character encoding by
right clk on Project-> Properties -> Go to Resource ->
See Text file encoding -> Select Other and change to UTF-8 -> Apply
Now you can save the file with Korean or any language special character text.
Hope this helps somebody.
You may be also interested in
- In Eclipse, how to edit commit message of local commit with EGit
- Keytool error :java.io.IoException:Incorrect AVA format
- For using Korean or Special characters in eclipse editor
- Graphical Layout is blank and Eclipse reports rendering library more recent than your version of ADT plug-in
- In Eclipse, Egit Team context menu has only two options: Apply patch, Share Project
- Issues with Android SDK tools rev.23 installed from SDK manager
- Unable to resolve superclass of Activity